There are lots of reasons for dining out during Christmas other than that the neighbor’s dogs stole your Christmas dinner. And, though Chinese restaurants are the classic choice, there are lots of other possibilities around town. Here are some options to consider.
- Proof on Main, 702 W. Main St., will serve Christmas Eve dinner featuring a la carte Proof favorites, plus a holiday-inspired family-style dinner for $42. Call (502) 217-6360. or go to www.proofonmain.com.
- Asiatique, 1767 Bardstown Rd. will serve its regular menu on Christmas Eve, from 5-10:00 p.m. Call (502) 451-2749.
All the big downtown hotels will be serving Christmas Day, some a brunch, and others dinner.
- The English Grill, 335 W. Broadway, will host a gourmet buffet and choice of seasonal entree for Christmas dinner; $67, plus tax and tip. Seatings at noon, 2 and 4 p.m. www.brownhotel.com. J. Graham’s will also serve on Christmas Day, a less formal buffet. Call (502) 5831234.
- The Oakroom, 500 S. Fourth St., will host a Christmas Royal brunch with seatings 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. Call (502) 585-3200 or go to theoakroomlouisville.com.
- Rivue, atop the Galt House, 140 N. Fourth St. will serve a Christmas Day buffet 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., $50 for adults, children $25 and kids under three are free. (502) 568-4239.
- BLU Italian Grill, at the downtown Marriott, 280 W. Jefferson St., will serve Christmas Day brunch buffet, $39 for adults, $19 for children and kids under four eat free. (502) 627-5045.
In addition to the hotel restaurants, other dining spots will be open on Christmas Day.
- Mitchell’s Fish Market, 4031 Summit Plaza Dr., will serve their usual seafood-focused menu from non to 9 p.m. In addition there will be a choice of a traditional three-course turkey and stuffing feast from 12 p.m. to 10. (502) 412-1818.
- Sapporo, 1706 Bardstown Rd. will serve from 5 p.m. to 10. Look for their usual selection of sushi rolls and hibachi. (502) 479-5550
- Banh Mi Hero, 2245 Bardstown Rd., will be open after 4 p.m. to provide relief from traditional Christmas excess with Franco-Vietnamese flavors in sandwiches, tacos and drinks like Caphe Vietnam or Jasmine tea. (502) 456-2022.
- If you have everyone over to your place for Christmas Day, you might want to go out to eat the day after. The Irish Rover, 2319 Frankfort Ave., will hold a Boxing Day celebration with traditional Irish breakfast and music, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 26. Call (502) 899-3544 or go to www.theirishroverky.com.