The 12th Annual Keg Liquors’ Fest of Ale has a full roster of beer celebrations scheduled, beginning today with a beer dinner and continuing through to the Festival itself at the beginning of June.
- Tonight, Thursday, May 18, Exchange Pub + Kitchen,118 W. Main Street, New Albany will offer a 4-course dinner served with a variety of beers. The menu includes beer-can chicken, stuffed meatloaf, house sausages, green bean casserole and smoked mac+cheese. The beers will be Falls City Exchange Rate served at the reception, North Coast Alt Nouveau with the appetizers, Sun King Osiris paired with the entrée, and Alltech Peach Barrel Wheat served with the dessert.
Guests will receive craft beer gifts bags and other goodies. Cost is $55 for dinner and beer pairings. Tickets to the dinner are available here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2951621 or at the Exchange
- Friday, May 19, the Clarksville location of Keg Liquors, 617 E. Lewis and Clark Pkwy., will have a Falls City Beer Tasting. The tasting is free, from 5-7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25, the Clarksville store will host a tasting of Sun King Beers: Sunlight Cream Ale, Osiris Pale Ale, Wee Mac Scottish Ale, Pachanga Mexican Style Lager and Alrye’d Alrye’d Alrye’d Imperial Session Rye IPA. The tasting is free from 5-7 p.m.
- Friday, May 26 the tastings, also at the Clarksville location, will be products from the North Coast Brewing Company: Scrimshaw Pilsner, Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale, Alt Noveau Altbier, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout and Pranqster Belgian Style Golden Ale. The free tasting will be 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3 – 12th Annual Keg Liquors Fest of Ale will be held at the New Albany Amphitheater on the riverfront, located below East Main street at the foot of Pearl Street. Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the gate on the day of the event. A large crowd is expected to sample over 250 craft and imported beers and ales from around the world. The event is a fundraiser for the Crusade for Children. Advance tickets are available through Keg Liquors, at 617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy. in Clarksville or at 4304 Charlestown Rd. in New Albany, or online at www.kegliquors.com