Just like great bands likely tire of playing the same songs show after show, surely chefs like a little variety in the routine.
Whether that’s the reason La Coop: Bistro à Vins (732 E. Market St.) is doing an Italian family-style meal on Dec. 23, we don’t know, but it sounds like a great time nonetheless.
According to a news release chef Bobby Benjamin’s team will prepare a rustic Italian meal that includes house-made pasta, roasted grass-fed meats and local vegetables. Cost is $50 per person, plus tax and gratuity, and Italian wine pairings (picked by La Coop partner and Master Sommelier Brett Davis, no less) for each course are available for an additional $30 per person. For more information or to make reservations, call 502-410-2888.
Want to see what you’d get? Read on. Again, wine pairings are just suggestions.
- Zucchini fritti with roasted garlic and herbs paired with NV Bortolotti, Prosecco
- Prosciutto tortelloni with mascarpone and rosemary paired with 2012 Gini, Soave Classico
- White eggplant lasagna with whipped goat cheese, zucchini, Grano Padano and mozzarella paired with 2011 Centonze, Grillo Sicilia Bianco
- Creamy tomato soup with basil, speck and Asiago grilled cheese paired with NV Contratto, Vermouth Rosso
- Pork arrosto with Parmesan polenta, braised kale and lemon paired with 2012 San Pietro, Schiava
- 24-hour braised meatballs with red sauce, Parmesan and parsley paired with 2009 Frascole, Chianti Rufina
- Stuffoli with orange and Disarono paired with 2012 Albino Rocca, Moscato d’Asti