The praise keeps rolling in for Louisville restaurants, and this time ace restaurateur Fernando Martinez’s Mussel & Burger Bar, 9200 Taylorsville Rd., gets a major nod.
TripAdvisor (self-proclaimed as the world’s largest travel site) announced it’s 10 best burger restaurants in the United States and M&BB made the list at No. 7.
“Since opening in 2013, this upscale eatery has quickly gained notoriety with its mussels and burgers menu – the restaurant’s unique take on surf ‘n’ turf. The restaurant tempts with 13 burgers, from the classic “Good Ole” cheeseburger to the truly luxurious “CEO” that comes topped with Gruyère cheese, truffle aioli, and the option to add foie gras,” the TripAdvisor release said.
For fans of Fernando Martinez’s restaurants, the news does not come as a huge surprise. His restaurants — M&BB, Guaca-Mole, El Taco Luchador and The Place Downstairs — have all received high praise, and huge followings, since their openings. Read more about Martinez in F&D’s Spring 2014 issue.
The top burger joints in America include:
1. Black Hills Burger and Bun Co. in Custer, S.D.
2. Nic’s Grill in Oklahoma City, Okla.
3. Sparky’s Barbecue, Hatch, N.M.
4. Grill-A-Burger in Palm Desert, Calif.
5. MEAT Eatery And Taproom in Islamorada, Fla.
6. Brook’s Gourmet Burgers and Dogs in Naples, Fla.
7. Mussel & Burger Bar in Louisville, Ky.
8. Big D’s Downtown Dive in Roswell, N.M.
9. Casper & Runyon’s Nook in Saint Paul, Minn.
10. Village Burger in Waimea, H.I.