The Exchange pub + kitchen will host its first pop-up restaurant Tuesday night, Feb. 2, on the restaurant’s mezzanine level. The private space will be transformed into Alla Buona Derrata, which translates to “the good stuff.”
According to a news release, the evening will feature a five-course dining experience focused on rustic Italian fare and prepared by executive chef Robert Temple and his culinary team. An optional wine and cocktail pairing will also be available for an additional $25 per person.
“I am extremely excited about this concept. We have a beautiful space on the mezzanine level above The Exchange pub + kitchen that we get to showcase to our guests in a completely different manner,” said owner Ian Hall. “As a restauranteur, I get the opportunity to create, design, and develop an exciting new concept for one evening only. It’s a small cozy space, with only six to eight tables and the bar for seating. It also gives Chef and his culinary team an opportunity to get even more creative and think outside of their normal comfort zone.”
Tickets for this limited-seating, one-night-only event are available by reservation only. To make reservations, call 812-948-6501 and reference “Italian pop up” or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. First seating is 5:30 p.m.
Alla Buona Derrata pop-up menu
- Antipasti: peperoni sott’aceto, cavolfiore al forno con pancetta e olive verde, caccio roma (pickled peppers, toasted cauliflower with pancetta and green olives, Italian sheep’s milk cheese from the Roman countryside)
- Primo (first): raviolo al uovo, ricotta fresca, tartufo bianco, burro rosolato, balsamico, cicoria (egg ravioli, fresh ricotta, white truffle, brown butter, balsamic vinegar, chicory) or risotto alla Toscana salsiccia, finocchio, funghi secchi, parmigianio (arborio rice, sausage, fennel, dried mushrooms, Parmesan)
- Intermezzo: sorbetto ai frutti di bosco (mixed berry sorbet)
- IL secondo (mains) braciole frittelle di rapini bistecca brasato, marinara (Parmigiano-braised flank steak in tomato sauce); baccala alla veneta Napoletana, acciughe, latte, polenta (Italian salt cod, polenta, anchovies and milk); and involtini di melanzane, sugo all’arrabbiata, Parmigiano (ricotta-stuffed eggplant in spicy tomato sauce)
- Contorno (sides): frittelle di rapini (broccoli rabe cakes); peperoni fritti ala Napoletana (fried Neapolitan peppers); and verdure alla griglia (grilled vegetables)
- Dolce: budino di ricotta (ricotta cheesecake) or panna cotta al cioccolato (chocolate cream pudding)